Johnny, Randy, Jamie,
Joe and Teddy
A Letter from the President
By James Fong
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOTHER! You have been a most excellent mother and all
around person for the almost forty years that I have known you. I don't
have enough kind words in my limited vocabulary so instead of flattering
you with many kind words, I choose to imitate you instead since "imitation
is the most sincere form of flattery."
1. You used to take us up to Lake Tahoe to play in the snow and go skiing.
Now we take our kids to Lake Tahoe to play in the snow and go skiing.
2. You forced us to take piano and volin lessons. Now we are forcing our
kids to take piano and violin lessons.
3. You stressed the importance of doing well in school. Now we stress
the importance of doing well in school.
4. You jam packed us into the station wagon and took us all to Disneyland.
We jam packed "the bus" and took all of our kids to Disneyland.
5. You gave us seven other brothers and sisters to play and fight with.
We have given our kids 15 other cousins to play and fight with.
6. You deprived us of too many toys and TV. We at least try to deprive
our kids of too many toys and TV.
7. You packed us up to go to Hawaii, we pack our kids up to go to Hawaii.
8. You took us to the Drive In movies in our pajamas. We take our kids
to the drive in movies in pajamas.
9. You took the time and energy for us to be in the "King and I." Now
we are taking the time and energy for our kids to be in the "King and
10. You named your kid Jamie, we named our kid Jamie.
11. You nagged us a lot. We nag our kids a lot.
However, we do draw the line somewhere...
1. We do not force our kids to eat radishes and UFO's.
2. We do not force our kids to go the the Sacramento Symphony.... yet.
3. We do not stink up our house by burning their hair in the fireplace
after giving them a haircut.
4. We do not make our kids sit outside in the freezing cold and watch
a 3 hour movie of "Cyrano deBergerac."
5. We do not read "War and Peace" when we go to Lake Tahoe.
6. We do not leave our kid at Fresh Pond and drive all the way to Lake
Tahoe before realizing that he is missing.
7. We did not name our little boy Douglas Fong.
You have been a wonderful mother and I would like to thank you for providing
all of us with a very happy childhood and adulthood too. So once again,
we wish you a very HAPPY AND HEALTHY BIRTHDAY and hope for many, many
more happy and healthy birthdays to come.